Aligned with the ATM mission to preserve even improve the maximum level of safety, while achieving the maximum levels of Efficiency and Resilience it is broadly recognized that these challenges can only be obtained by improving the current levels of Predictability and Flexibility, provided by the ATM planning layers. Furthermore, AU’ s shall know that any change in their initial intentions is always done in order to maximise the overall system efficiency and driven by Fairness and Equity criterion. This can only be understood by the highest level of Transparency.
To address the above challenges which currently limit the benefits that could be obtained by a proper deployment of DST’s relying on TBO concepts, PARTAKE project will address the following key objectives:
- To Achieve ATC Minimum Tactical Interventions: Reference Business Trajectories provide an excellent source of information to identify long time in advance situations in which 2 or more aircraft could require ATC directives to maintain the required separation minima.
- To identify TBO interdependencies: Traffic complexity is inherent to the scalability problem of cause effect reactions between different actors sharing a common resource.
- To determine feasible departure configurations: Constraint programming (CP) is an emergent software technology for declarative description and effective solving of large, particularly combinatorial, problems especially involving scheduling, resource allocation, placement and planning.
- To develop a TBO Service Oriented “Information Management” Platform: To address the challenge of transparency, the project will rely on using SWIM to enable more cost and time efficient exchange of information between AU’s and ATM stakeholders.
- To maximize trajectory adherence at key waypoints: RBT relying only on deterministic assumptions will generate a weak and lack of robust predictability system. Time trajectory adherence can be improved by computing the speed change combinations to improve clearance robustness at identified TBO interdependencies supporting a fine tuning algorithm to tackle stochastic problems while mitigating an important source of some emergent dynamics.
- To verify and validate the implemented Tools. A cultural change from fierce competition to a friendly competition through cooperation requires some evidences of the benefits that can be achieved by the different stakeholders supporting each particular business model.